1st Annual Summit of Academic Excellence in Quality Assurance & Regulatory Science
May 18-19, 2017
Jointly Presented by
Society of Quality Assurance (SQA) and Purdue University’s Center for Biotechnology Innovation and Regulatory Science (BIRS)
Please join the Society of Quality Assurance (SQA) and the Biotechnology Innovation and Regulatory Science (BIRS) Center at Purdue University for a unique opportunity to discuss how our academic institutions are addressing the future needs of regulatory science.
Delivering safe and effective drugs, medical devices or environmental products to our global markets is critical. To do so in a cost appropriate and sustainable fashion is key to success.
This two-day conference will be hosted by BIRS on the Purdue University campus in the heart of Indiana and will provide speakers from industry, academia, and SQA. We will be focusing on topics such as:
- How are regulatory science, regulatory affairs, and quality assurance taught and implemented at the university level?
- Are we meeting the needs of future researchers and industry?
- For students intending to go into careers of industry, are we helping them to efficiently and successfully transition to the corporate world?
- Many companies struggle to find talented employees in the quality/regulatory field. What are we as educators doing to help breach that gap?
- Are we preparing students for careers in all areas of regulatory science?
- Regulatory Affairs
We intend to incorporate important discussion topics about globalization and teaching regulatory issues. BIRS has enjoyed great success when extending our program to Tanzania. We will present our program and discuss the challenges and opportunities when preparing international students for regulatory careers.
The conference schedule will include presentations by academic and industry leaders as well as a World Café experience. We will also provide networking and social opportunities in order to meet and interact with other attendees. A tour of campus and the Purdue University College of Pharmacy Manufacturing Laboratory will be available.
Please join us on our West Lafayette Campus in May!